dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: limitations of list commands for resources

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:12:48 -0700

Peter Williams wrote:
> The list-???-resources commands (list-jdbc-resources,
> list-jdbc-connection-pools, etc.) return only the name of the
> resource. No properties at all.
>
> When calling this command from NetBeans, I would to get the
> properties. Particularly the attributes of a jdbc-resource
> (jndi-name, connection-pool assignment, enabled flag).
In V2 you could get properties using get/set commands
<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3671/gcnuf?a=view>, similar
functionality is planned in V3.
cc->Kedar.

for example:

asadmin> get domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc\/__default.*
domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc/__default.description =
domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc/__default.enabled = true
domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc/__default.jndi-name = jdbc/__default
domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc/__default.object-type = user
domain.resources.jdbc-resource.jdbc/__default.pool-name = DerbyPool
asadmin>