dev@glassfish.java.net

Gem glassfish v3: concurrency problems...

From: Gianluca Tessarolo <tessarolo.gianluca_at_mediamaster.it>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:29:03 +0100

Hi,

I've tried the new GlassFish gem (Arun Gupta notified me about the new
release and tell me to notify the problem at your email address)...

There are problems with concurrent requests...

Here what I've done:

- Installed JRuby 1.1RC2 (fresh installation)
- Installed rails gem: jruby -S gem install rails
- Installed activerecord jdbc adapter: jruby -S gem install
activerecord-jdbc-adapter
- Copy mysql jar into jruby lib
- Installed new gf gem: jruby -S gem install
glassfish-0.1.1-universal-java-1.5.gem
- Run my rails app with 10 rails processes: jruby -J-Djruby.runtime=10
-S glassfish_rails base

It works very well and fast but if I try to call
http://localhost:3000/test/test defined as:

class TestController < ApplicationController
def test
   # This is a method to test the rails concurrency under gf...
   50000000.times do
   end
   render :text => "I'm the test..."
end
end

and concurrently try to call a second method
http://localhost:3000/other/show defined as:

class OtherController < ApplicationController
def show
   render :text => "I'm here !"
end
end

the last response (other/show) show a blank page !!!

The glassfish gem write: GRAVE: null

The rails log seems ok (no error at all)

So, again, the concurrency support seems to be broken...

Hope this helps...

--
Gianluca Tessarolo
TreNetMediaMaster S.r.l.