dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [blocking] Not able to deploy ROR applications

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:39:34 -0800

This should be fixed now. The changes are basically that we stopped
automatically re-exporting imported module because it was making the
class search very slow so the net effect of that change is that each
module must more carefully describe its dependencies as it was
sometimes getting its dependency resolved through a transitive
dependency. So far, no module are re-exporting imported module
although this might change in the future.

This caused problem in the jruby land as we needed to add one more
dependency to the sniffer module.
As for the test, you should continue working with Deepa

Jerome

On Mar 3, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Pramod Gopinath wrote:

> Hi Jerome
>
> The org/jruby/exceptions/RaiseException is part of the jruby jar.
> V3 should be picking up this jar from the jruby.home variable that
> would be added as part of the config/asenv.conf settings. When this
> value is found, in the RailsSniffer there is code that picks up lib/
> jruby.jar and appends it to the classpath. The method is
> RailsSniffer.setup()
> What are the changes to be made to get it working in the new world ?
>
> On a side note -
> Are there a suite of tests run when ever such changes are made to
> the v3 code. It would be a great help if a ROR application is also
> part of this set of tests that are run on the v3 server to ensure
> that changes made to the server do not break functionality
>
> Thanks
> Pramod
>

> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> I have made some changes to class loading so I think we need to
>> carefully review your import list as you must be missing a direct
>> import of the packages you are trying to load.
>>
>> you many need to change how the JRuby runtime is imported in HK2.
>> In which jar is this RaiseException packaged ?
>>
>> Jerome
>>
>> On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Pramod Gopinath wrote:
>>
>>> Up until Friday 02/28/2008 this code path was working correctly,
>>> but now am not able to get a ROR application deployed to the
>>> GlassFish v3 server.
>>>
>>> Mar 3, 2008 11:03:26 AM
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run
>>> INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 694 ms
>>> Mar 3, 2008 11:03:30 AM
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle failure
>>> SEVERE: Cannot instantiate or inject class
>>> com.sun.enterprise.rails.RailsDeployer
>>> org.jvnet.hk2.component.ComponentException: Failed to create class
>>> com.sun.enterprise.rails.RailsDeployer
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb.create(ConstructorWomb.java:
>>> 40)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.get(AbstractWombImpl.java:38)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .hk2.component.SingletonInhabitant.get(SingletonInhabitant.java:22)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.LazyInhabitant.get(LazyInhabitant.java:71)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .hk2
>>> .component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantImpl.java:
>>> 24)
>>> at org.jvnet.hk2.component.Habitat.getBy(Habitat.java:464)
>>> at org.jvnet.hk2.component.Habitat.getByType(Habitat.java:445)
>>> at org.jvnet.hk2.component.Habitat.getComponent(Habitat.java:
>>> 261)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise
>>> .v3
>>> .server
>>> .ApplicationLifecycle.startContainers(ApplicationLifecycle.java:501)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise
>>> .v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.load(ApplicationLifecycle.java:284)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise.v3.deployment.DeployCommand.execute(DeployCommand.java:
>>> 276)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunner.doCommand(CommandRunner.java:171)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunner.doCommand(CommandRunner.java:79)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun.enterprise.v3.admin.AdminAdapter.doCommand(AdminAdapter.java:
>>> 144)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.AdminAdapter.service(AdminAdapter.java:
>>> 109)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .http.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:
>>> 605)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .http.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:536)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .http.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:785)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:130)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise
>>> .v3
>>> .services.impl.HttpProtocolFilter.execute(HttpProtocolFilter.java:
>>> 99)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .DefaultProtocolChain
>>> .executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:101)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:78)
>>> at com.sun.grizzly.http.SelectorThread
>>> $1.execute(SelectorThread.java:669)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly
>>> .ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:
>>> 57)
>>> at