dev@glassfish.java.net

updatecenter - wrong link and missing information

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:28:04 +0200

Right now I am writing an article about Glassfish for a German Java
magazine and thus wanted to do a screenshot of the Updatecenter.

My first pick was to show the portlet container, but this is not the
best example. It is missing the "Postr Install" section which I think
every component should have. It is not enough to have some links in the
related info section but every component should contain a section about
what this plugin/compinent/addon actually installs and how to make use
of it once it is installed.

Some components do provide this information like Jersey, Java EE API
Documentation and some more.

Also I think an additional tab would be nice in which all files that are
going to be installed get listed.

Furthermore the Portlet Container component contains a link to a Getting
Started page which has been moved to the wiki (new url:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/OpenPortal/PCGettingStarted). The user is
get's a "page not found" page when using the link given in the Updatecenter.

Regards,

Wolfram