dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [_at_GFv3] Why are hk2 jars installed with .hk2-jar extension?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:57:22 +0530

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> What you are seeing suggests that for whatever reason the
> ArtifactHandler is not kicking in. Interestingly, other parts of this
> plugin must be working, or else Maven won't be able to recognize
> <packaging>hk2-jar</packaging>.
>
> I quickly rebuilt the v3 locally, both as a whole and partially just
> the admin module, but I didn't experience the problem you saw.
>
> Also, when I see the Maven repository like [1], I see that Hudson is
> also pushing *.jar (you see left-over *.hk2-jar before I fixed this
> problem in Hudson --- these files need to be removed.)
>
> That said, it is possible that we have some kind of race condition
> between the registration of ArtifactHandler vs the use of it.
>
> Which version of Maven do you use?
2.0.7
> Does anyone else reproduce the problem?
I see this problem only when I build from top level (i.e. from v3 dir).
If I build an individual module, this problem does not occur.
In fact, I am seeing this behavior even during hk2 build. As I am
writing this email, I did a fresh build of hk2. Now, I have ended up
with two such files:

/space/ss141213/maven2rep/com/sun/enterprise/auto-depends-test/test1/0.2-SNAPSHOT/test1-0.2-SNAPSHOT.hk2-jar
/space/ss141213/maven2rep/com/sun/enterprise/auto-depends-test/test-config/0.2-SNAPSHOT/test-config-0.2-SNAPSHOT.hk2-jar

Thanks,
Sahoo