dev@glassfish.java.net

[ANN] POM change to disable SNAPSHOT updates by default

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:28:14 -0700

As we discussed last week, I just committed a change to turn off the
SNAPSHOT updates by default in the v3 workspace.

With this change, once you update your v3 workspace, running "mvn
install" or "mvn package" would behave as if the -o option is implicitly
given --- it will never attempt to download SNAPSHOT versions (unless
you don't have it locally.)

To have Maven download the latest SNAPSHOTS, you'd now have to use the
-U option explicitly.

We are still trying to understand the full implications of this change,
so please share with us how this worked out for you, either good or bad.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi