dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: who is trying to register 'com.sun.appserv' MBeans?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:16:15 -0700

Jan,

> We can't simply not register them without breaking the web container.
>
> The monitoring mbeans delegate to these beans, and every http listener
> populates
> or clears its request mapper in response to the registration or
> unregistration,
> respectively, of these beans.
>
> Why should these beans no longer be registered?

I think we have got to make decision here. This delegation thing
is simply being rather too round-about. We seem to be deviating toward
having one AMX - MBean API and its implementation that does the right thing
directly. It's too many MBean "layers" otherwise. Thus all config/monitoring
and runtime information should be expose through AMX API and implementation.

Somehow, we need to have AMX implementation classes for say servlet
call into the web-container implementation to get the values, both
for runtime and monitoring aspects.

Would you or Amy or JFA have time to talk to Lloyd in this regard?
This does not need to be done for TP-2.

Regards,
Kedar