dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 redeploy does not work

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:44:25 -0700

Hi Marina,

It cannot be the latter; --name must be a required option in redeploy.
The reason you don't want the former is because your previous deployment
may have a different name than the archive/path name. And if you do
"asadmin redeploy <path or filename>", redeploy does not know which
application you are redeploying. Similarly, if you have the same app
deployed with two different names, then redeploy does not know which app
you want to redeploy.

Again, the correct syntax is:
*asadmin redeploy --name <appname> [--virtualservers <viratualservers>]
[--contextroot <contextroot>] [--precompilejsp=false] [<path or filename>]*

where --name is required and <path or filename> is optional.

HTH,
Jane