dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Duplicate jar files in installation

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:02:35 -0700

it's certainly not supposed to be broken, this is where technologies
like ejb container are today's checked in. It's just that *I* don't
have the time these days to keep it under tight control like I do for
web.

feel free to contribute ;-)

jerome

On Mar 14, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Sahoo wrote:

> Then, why is the build system producing a broken glassfish
> distribution? It's better to not have it. I wasted my time trying to
> figure out why some of my changes were not picked up - only to
> realize that I was not modifying the wrong file.
>
> Sahoo
>
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> I would not concentrate on the glassfish distribution, I am not
>> making any effort in maintaining it, only the web distribution is
>> the one we concentrate on right now.
>>
>> Jerome
>>
>> On Mar 14, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>>
>>> If I unzip distributions/glassfish/target/glassfish-10.0-
>>> SNAPSHOT.zip, I see certain jar files installed twice, viz: once
>>> in modules and again in modules/web. The files that appear twice
>>> are given below:
>>> jsf-connector-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>> jsf-impl-1.2_08.jar
>>> jstl-impl-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar