dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cargo support for GF? // Atlassian support for GlassFish

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:21:14 -0700

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:
> Do we support cargo?
>
> Check the comment from Chris @ Atlassian about support for Cargo.
> Copying Kohsuke; I thought he had done some work for Cargo.

Yes, I did some initial work on this for GFv2. IIRC, it was usable
enough for the purpose of Metro test harness. The code can be seen here:
http://svn.codehaus.org/cargo-contrib/glassfish/

The last time I checked, which was probably more than a year ago, the
bar of entry for a contribution to Cargo was rather high, and IMO in a
silly way --- they have very very specific rules about indentation,
where you can have whitespace and where you can't, and javadoc
requirements. So I didn't have enough energy to push this through to the
core, despite the fact that there was a clear interest in the feature.

I think it would be really great if someone else can take over the work
  and work with the Cargo team to integrate changes. I can even help
with the coding part.

I've heard that the main guy (Vincent Massol) has moved on, so maybe
there's some change in those rules, too.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi