dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSR-88 deployer and password

From: Timothy Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:14:07 -0500

Hello, Kalle.

The lifecycle listener will need to authenticate with a correct username
and password in order to use the DeploymentManager.

When you create the lifecycle module with the create-lifecycle-module
command you can specify property name and value pairs. You might
consider using such a property to indicate a file path that contains the
username and/or password you want your module to use when connecting
using the DeploymentManager. You probably do not want to configure the
password itself as a property because it could be more easily
compromised that way. You can more tightly control access to a file
that contains this kind of sensitive information.

- Tim