dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 Workspace Structure for Admin Modules

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:31:53 +0530

Jerome Dochez wrote:

>> From a size/embeddability considerations, if any of the above
>> interfaces is
>> deemed "unnecessary", then probably a "distribution" emerges at that
>> point
>> which excludes the artifacts of that particular interface. For
>> example, we
>> might want to build a webtier-light distribution that does not
>> contain the
>> GUI/AMX interfaces.
> right so would not that call for separating those at the module level ?
I don't understand how separating the admin functionality of webtier to
a single module like webtier-admin solves the aforementioned
distribution problem. We would still distribute the same number of
bytes, because the module contains both required and optional webtier
admin functionality. Or, are we talking about the required part of
webtier-admin to be part of webtier.jar where as the optional part being
made available as one or more separate modules?

Thanks,
Sahoo