dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployed war not showing up after server restart

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:30:18 -0500

Ken Cavanaugh wrote:
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>

>> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>>> Ok but then u end up blocking everyone.
>>
>> Not sure I understand why you would block everyone. You will block
>> only the asadmin commands that cannot yet be executed for some reason.
>>
>> How can you discriminate
>>> applications at the Tcp level before loading at least the deployment
>>> actifacts ?
>>
>> Yes. Grizzly ARP just need a matching 'token' to use when a TCP
>> request comes in. So if we say that all requests that matches
>> 'XXX-ttt&A=B' cannot yet be executed, ARP will suspend the request,
>> release the thread and resume the request only when some 'external'
>> services notify ARP that they can now serve the request. This is what
>> the open-esb/httpbc use since v1 and it seems to work fine :-). I
>> suspect we can do the same for v3 at tcp/udp/tls level.
>> A+
>>
> Should this be part of the whole request unification framework (maybe it
> is,
> but I don't know what you already have).

Right now Port Unification is there, Resource Consumption Management is
also there but not yet enabled. ARP and Comet are coming...

  For example, if we accept a new
> connection on which the first request begins with the characters "GIOP",
> we should start up the EJB container if its not already running, suspending
> further processing of that connection until the EJB container is
> initialized.
> Then we need to give that connection to the ORB's ProtocolParser to
> handle incoming messages.
>
> Is port unification a committed feature for GFv3?

Yes. Technically, the ARP ProtocolFilter will be injected just after the
PortUnificationFilter, so we gonna be able to support the scenario you
described above.

   If so, we may want to
> consider
> adding IIOP to the protocols handled for port unification, now that we
> have the
> ORB running on Grizzly.

Right that will be quite simple to do.

Thanks