dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: manual update of the Java EE jar

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 07:35:08 +0530

Jerome,

I am sorry to see this.
No, let's *not* change any artifacts that are *not* SNAPSHOTS. This is
against Maven philosophy which you are well aware of which is why you at
least sent a mail to the dev alias. But, we at GlassFish, are not the
only consumers of these artifacts, so we are really going to break so
many people's build. When I started with GF v3, I wasted close to an
hour trying to figure out why my build won't go through and the reason
was some one had uploaded newer bits for javaee-5.0.jar. I am not sure
how many people would read and remember this mail.

Why can't we call the the javaee.jar that we are picking up for v3 build
as SNAPSHOT?

Regards,
Sahoo