dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: manual update of the Java EE jar

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:01:33 -0800

On Feb 8, 2008, at 6:05 PM, Sahoo wrote:

> Jerome,
>
> I am sorry to see this.
> No, let's *not* change any artifacts that are *not* SNAPSHOTS. This
> is against Maven philosophy which you are well aware of which is why
> you at least sent a mail to the dev alias. But, we at GlassFish,
> are not the only consumers of these artifacts, so we are really
> going to break so many people's build. When I started with GF v3, I
> wasted close to an hour trying to figure out why my build won't go
> through and the reason was some one had uploaded newer bits for
> javaee-5.0.jar. I am not sure how many people would read and
> remember this mail.
>
> Why can't we call the the javaee.jar that we are picking up for v3
> build as SNAPSHOT?
yes this what we should have done since it's not final. We will change
it after M2. However, it does not change the fact that the 5.0 is
unfortunately not final even today so we will create some trouble once
we decide that the 5.0 is really final. We should have added snapshot
long time ago, it was a (my) mistake.