dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy a web app, rename domain.xml to domain.bak, can't restart

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:51:23 -0800

Jerome Dochez wrote:

>>> list of containers, extra properties per container at least, so far.
>> Hmmm. Can these properties be "managed"? If not, is it better if we
>> persist them elsewhere? If a developer/administrator needs to know them
>> (even from a read-only perspective) it's OK to persist them there, but
>> I am not sure.
>>
>> Anyway, the minimal set is different from complete set. I think we should
>> add the application/module's name/location/enable-status as a minimum to
>> domain.xml and admin code should do that. If you don't object to it, I
>> will
>> make that change.
> I do object... I want only one location to update the tree, otherwise
> you end up
> in having to have two different parts changing the config and having to
> synchronize them manually
>
> what are you trying to solve here ?

I am all for making one portion of the code change the config tree, not multiple
places.

But I am making a case for it to happen at least once. All I am asking
is whether I can make the change that, upon deployment, adds an entry like:
<application name="foo" location="${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/apps ..."
enabled="true">

<application-ref> foo </application-ref>

in domain.xml.

Let me know if you are ok with it.