dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] New Grizzly integration with TCP/UDP/TLS support.

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:29:36 -0500

Hi,

I've just committed an improved Grizzly service implementation which
extends v3 to not just support Container that uses the Http protocol
(like WebContainer, JRuby or Phobos), but support transport like UDP,TCP
and TLS (any JDK protocol are now supported). I've also improved the
mapping of the request and its container (a little, data below). We are
still mapping using String, soon I will switch to bytes so we don't
loose any cycles. Also, Port Unification from v2 is now available.

Now since we do not official have tests to execute, I've manually tested
the admin commands, jruby, web container, invalid requests (previous
version has a couple of security hole ;-)) etc.

Still, if you experience problems, you can go back to the previous
implementation by adding:

-Dv3.grizzly.enablePU=false

This propriety is temporary.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

Startup
--------
before: INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 1681 ms
now: INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 1358 ms

before: INFO: Deployment of tomcat-test done is 11800 ms
now: INFO: Deployment of tomcat-test done is 9983 ms

Deployment (once WebContainer loaded)
before: INFO: Deployment of tomcat-test done is 1196 ms
now: INFO: Deployment of tomcat-test done is 1065 ms

Starting WebProfile once you have deployed a war
before: INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 11667 ms
now: INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 11593 ms