dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy a web app, rename domain.xml to domain.bak, can't restart

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:16:24 -0500

Hi, Kedar
    In v3, we have the new converged application model where different
components of the application could be targeted to different containers.
Should we encapsulate this information in the domain.xml? For example,
in JavaEE6, we will start to support EJBs inside the war file. Do we
want to persist the ejb information inside the web module in this case?
   What do you think of the following "applications" element?

applications = (application)*
application = (module+, name, location, object-type, enabled, libraries, availability-enabled,
    directory-deployed, property*)
module = (sniffer, property*)

  where module represents a component of the application which targets
to a particular container.

  So in the above case (where EJBs inside the war), we would have two
modules, a web module and ejb module. Let's discuss whether it's useful
to persist the module information in the domain.xml. If we use the old
v2 domain.xml format, only the web-module will be persisted.

 - Hong