dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Feature requests for production level usage of GF V3 (gem)

From: Changshin Lee <iasandcb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:46:31 +0900

Hi Pramod,

I'm very glad to hear from you on the news. I tried the gem with
SpringBook (on JRuby 1.1RC1) and here are what I've got:

1. issue #1 and #2 are perfectly resolved. Thanks! One thing I'd like
to point out is that just simply running "glassfish_rails" doesn't
work, in other words, you need to pass a directory. What I'd suggest is

glassfish_rails -> glassfish_rails .

2. issue #3 can be worked around by setting the CLASSPATH environment
variable.
3. issue #4 also can be worked around by setting the RAILS_ENV
environment variable.
4. issue #5 is trivial (use nohup instead).
5. Apart from the aforementioned issues, I found a new one: SpringBook
uses Hpricot, and if glassfish_rails starts with -n > 3, responses get
broken without any explicit error messages. Hpricot Java actually has
some problem now and needs more work (please refer to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-2008)
.

Again, I'm greatly grateful for your nice work and going to deliver a
speech on these new features at the conference.

Cheers,

ias

2008. 02. 14, ¿ÀÈÄ 4:22, Pramod Gopinath ÀÛ¼º: