dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [V3] targeting asadmin commands ...

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:52:58 -0800

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>> Maybe you should just assume it's not yet implemented and finish it.
>> Well, ok, "assume" is the wrong word. After checking with Jerome to
>> confirm that it's simply a case of that functionality having not been
>> implemented yet, go ahead and finish it.
>
> I don't understand this mode of operation. But I will bite the bullet
> and do as expected. I am just surprised that this kind of exception is not
> surprising to you.

I don't understand what exception you're talking about.

V3 isn't done. There's lots of work to do. Why is it surprising that
some things don't work yet and someone needs to finish them?

> One of my basic problems is to know what is "done" and what is
> isn't. Maybe it was just decided that we don't need a separate listener
> and VS for admin operations and I was just trying to understand if it
> were the interim decision.

If you don't know, ask. At this point, if you're surprised that something
doesn't work as you expect it to, it's most likely because it's not done.

> I believe sending an e-mail to dev alias is equivalent to checking with
> Jerome. Do you disagree?

Whatever it takes to get a definitive answer. My only problem with sending
to dev is that sometimes no one answers or the answer is slow in coming
because people are busy, and lack of an answer is not definitive.