dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Major problem with JNDI at webapp start

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:01:18 -0700

sun-web.xml is the server specific descriptor for webapps in Glassfish.
Glassfish does not use context.xml in any way.

However, sun-web.xml does not provides fields to override env-entry
elements from web.xml. I believe the expectation is that you would
simply modify web.xml directly if the values needed changing.

That said, I tried your example just now using my personal development
build of NB6 (roughly equivalent to the current nightly build of same)
and it worked flawlessly, no exceptions. The value was read from
web.xml exactly as expected.

You don't mention where your context code is. Mine was in the
processRequest() method of generic NetBeans generated servlet.

-Peter