dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish gem feature requests/bugs

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:09:50 -0700

>> with both JRuby 1.0 and 1.0.1.
>>
> I did not get that. I think you need to somehow run gem install in the
> directory where you put the gem. so in your case, in temp
>
> can you try that ?
Cool, that worked!

I can now install the plugin and see the message:

Successfully installed GlassFish, version 10.0.0

Then I created a rails application and tried starting the server as:

C:\workarea\samples\rails\hello>\testbed\jruby-1.0\bin\jruby -S
script\server start

-- cut here --
:1: -e:0: syntax error, expecting end-of-file '\n' ',' ';'
'=' '?' '[' kCLASS kMODULE kDEF kBEGIN kRESCUE kENSURE kEND
kIF kUNLESS kELSIF kELSE kCASE kWHEN kWHILE kUNTIL kFOR
kBREAK
kNEXT kREDO kRETRY kDO kRETURN kYIELD kSUPER kSELF kNIL
kTRUE
kFALSE kAND kOR kIF_MOD kUNLESS_MOD kWHILE_MOD kUNTIL_MOD
kRESCUE_MOD kDEFINED k__LINE__ k__FILE__ tIDENTIFIER
tFID tGVAR tIVAR tCONSTANT tCVAR tNTH_REF tBACK_REF
tINTEGER tFLOAT tUPLUS tUMINUS tUMINUS_NUM tPOW tCMP tEQ
tEQQ tNEQ tGEQ tLEQ tANDOP tOROP tMATCH tNMATCH tDOT
tDOT2
tDOT3 tLSHFT tRSHFT tCOLON2 tCOLON3 tOP_ASGN tLPAREN tLPAREN2
tRPAREN tLPAREN_ARG tLBRACK tLBRACE tSTAR tSTAR2 tAMPER tAMPER2
tTILDE
tPERCENT tDIVIDE tPLUS tMINUS tLT tGT tPIPE tBANG
tCARET
tLCURLY tRCURLY tSYMBEG tSTRING_BEG tXSTRING_BEG tREGEXP_BEG
tWORDS_B
EG tQWORDS_BEG but found null instead (SyntaxError)

-- cut here --

This is not even starting WEBrick.

How do I start the GF server ?

-Arun