dev@glassfish.java.net

IMPORTANT: Fixing P1 or P2 bugs on the TRUNK for GlassFish v2/9.1

From: Dhiru Pandey <Dhiru.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:10:01 -0700

Developers,

As you all know, we have already branched the code for a Beta3 release
of GlassFish v2/9.1

Just so that we don't miss out on any *P1s or P2s* that are fixed on the
TRUNK, in the Beta3 branch - from now until Beta3 release (July 9th,
2007) , please send e-mail to either me (dhiru.pandey_at_sun.com) or
Sridatta (Sridatta.Viswanath_at_Sun.COM) whenever you checkin a fix for P1
or P2 bug on the TRUNK. This will ensure that such bugs get evaluated
for inclusion in Beta3 branch. We will let you know if these bug fixes
need to be ported to the Beta3 branch.

The main reason for doing this is because currently bugswat meetings are
planned twice in a week and we may have a situation where P1 and P2 bugs
get filed and fixed on the TRUNK in between bugswat meetings. Once they
are fixed and marked resolved, they do not appear on our bug dashboard -
hence have the potential of not getting included in the Beta3 branch.

I anticipate that most such P1 and P2 bugs would be discussed and
evaluated at the Bugswat meetings for Beta3.

Thanks for your cooperation,
-Dhiru