dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HA/in-memory replication

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:40:03 -0700

Peter Fabian wrote On 04/11/07 08:05 AM,:

> Jan Luehe wrote:
>

>> Ashish Sahni wrote On 04/06/07 11:18 AM,:
>>
>>> Hi Jan/Larry,
>>> So, the one-machine scenario should be good enough for me now but
>>> for some reason http session data does not seem to be replicated
>>> across instances
>>> for either my custom-app of for the sample app - clusterjsp.
>>

>> To summarize:
>>
>> - custom-app was not marked as distributable, i.e., was missing
>> <distributable/> in its web.xml
>>
>> - The clusterjsp sample app specifies "ha" instead of "replicated" as
>> its
>> persistence type in sun-web.xml.
>>
>> After adding <distributable/> to one, and changing "ha" to "replicated"
>> in the other app, memory replication has been enabled.
>>
> changing ha to replicated gives this error when running ant all-app.
> this is odd..
>

> verify_common:
> [echo] Verifying Process for ./build/assemble/ear/clusterjsp.ear
> [exec] SEVERE: "DPL8015: Invalid Deployment Descriptors in
> Deployment descriptor file WEB-INF/sun-web.xml in archive
> [clusterjsp.war].
> [exec] Line 11 Column 52 -- *Attribute "persistence-type" with
> value "replicated" must have a value from the list "memory file custom
> ha s1ws60 mmap "."*
> [exec] SEVERE: "DPL8005: Deployment Descriptor parsing failure :
> Attribute "persistence-type" with value "replicated" must have a value
> from the list "memory file custom ha s1ws60 mmap "."
> [exec] INFO:
> [exec] # of Failures : 0
> [exec] # of Warnings : 0
> [exec] # of Errors : 2
> [exec] INFO: Look in file "clusterjsp.ear.txt" for detailed results.
> [exec] Result: 2

You need to upgrade clusterjsp's sun-web.xml to conform to
sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd,
which is where we added "replicated" to the list of valid persistence-type
values, i.e., use this DOCTYPE declaration:

<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application
Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">

Jan