dev@glassfish.java.net

HA/in-memory replication

From: Peter Fabian <Peter.Fabian_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:05:32 +0200

Jan Luehe wrote:

> Ashish Sahni wrote On 04/06/07 11:18 AM,:
>
>> Hi Jan/Larry,
>> So, the one-machine scenario should be good enough for me now but
>> for some reason http session data does not seem to be replicated
>> across instances
>> for either my custom-app of for the sample app - clusterjsp.
>

> To summarize:
>
> - custom-app was not marked as distributable, i.e., was missing
> <distributable/> in its web.xml
>
> - The clusterjsp sample app specifies "ha" instead of "replicated" as its
> persistence type in sun-web.xml.
>
> After adding <distributable/> to one, and changing "ha" to "replicated"
> in the other app, memory replication has been enabled.

changing ha to replicated gives this error when running ant all-app.
this is odd..

verify_common:
     [echo] Verifying Process for ./build/assemble/ear/clusterjsp.ear
     [exec] SEVERE: "DPL8015: Invalid Deployment Descriptors in
Deployment descriptor file WEB-INF/sun-web.xml in archive [clusterjsp.war].
     [exec] Line 11 Column 52 -- *Attribute "persistence-type" with
value "replicated" must have a value from the list "memory file custom
ha s1ws60 mmap "."*
     [exec] SEVERE: "DPL8005: Deployment Descriptor parsing failure :
Attribute "persistence-type" with value "replicated" must have a value
from the list "memory file custom ha s1ws60 mmap "."
     [exec] INFO:
     [exec] # of Failures : 0
     [exec] # of Warnings : 0
     [exec] # of Errors : 2
     [exec] INFO: Look in file "clusterjsp.ear.txt" for detailed results.
     [exec] Result: 2

--
Peter Fabian
Sun Software