dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Agenda : Improving the startup Performance - Weekly meeting

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:09:08 -0800

Prashanth,

I might not be able to make it to the meeting today.
But here is what I am working on:

- I am almost done with the code changes to optimize the
  overhead because of in-place upgrade. There are some
  quirks with it and I am working with Satish Kumar on it.

- I have asked Siva and Ramesh to consider using the available
  ServerContext so that another parsing of domain.xml is not
  required (abandoning use of AppserverClusterViewFromCacheRepository
  in favor of ApplicationServer.getServerContext()). This is
  expected to save us big on startup of ALL server instances,
  including the DAS.