dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: configure-runtime broken?

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:01:35 -0800

Bill Shannon wrote:

> I have a cron job that checks out, builds, and tests glassfish every
> night.
> I haven't changed the code at all. For the last few nights it's been
> failing with this:
>
> configure-runtime:
> [copy] Copying 1 file to /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish
> [mkdir] Created dir: /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [echo] Current Java Version 1.5.0_11
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/config
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/config
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/bin
> [exec] Option adminuser deprecated, use --user instead.
> [exec] Domain domain1 already exists in
> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/g
> lassfish/domains. Use a different domain name or the --domaindir option.
> [exec] CLI130 Could not create domain, domain1
> Total time: 9 seconds
>

> Before the build I do:
>
> maven clean
> rm -rf ../../publish/*
>

> What changed recently to cause this failure?

What else you are running in the cron job in addition to building
glassfish? if QL is also run, then there was a problem in jbi tests,
and QL was exiting due to compile failures. Due to this appserver
processes may be still running from previous run, so you will get this
error of :

"Domain domain1 already exists in
/cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish/domains"

On Tinderbox/hudson machine i have added following unix command to
cleanup such processes.
% kill -9 `jps | cut -f1 -d" "`

so this may help.
thanks