dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Ant for GlassFish installation

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:42:09 -0700

Arun Gupta wrote:
> Yep, this is the change I'm looking for. But I'm wondering why can't
> the perms be set to +x in the bundle itself.

Last I knew, this was a jar/installer code issue.

> I'd remove -Xmx256m when installing the bundle since that does not
> seem to be a requirement for past few builds now.

I haven't tried removing the option. I was just trying to clarify the
existing instructions. Obviously somebody who works on or tests the
installer could provide a definitive answer on this... Anyone...

vbk

PS: I did find a mistake in the text that I submitted.

The second sentence should read:

The bundle includes an Ant distribution that has been extended with
tasks to facilitate developing Java EE 5 applications for the
application server.

Getting this kind of stuff right is a lot harder than it looks.