dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Ant for GlassFish installation

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:09:58 -0700

Arun Gupta wrote:

> Yep, this is the change I'm looking for. But I'm wondering why can't
> the perms be set to +x in the bundle itself.

This is not supported from jar/zip ant tasks:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/jar.html or zip.html
"Note that file permissions will not be stored in the resulting
jarfile." or "... zipfile."

But i tried few more things by doing following.. so glassfish.zip
creates files with correct restored +x permissions but installBuilder
uses this file to create glassfish.class which doesn't restore again.

 <zipfileset dir="${install.home}/lib/ant/bin" filemode="755"
prefix="glassfish/lib/ant/bin">
            <include name="*"/>
 </zipfileset>

so that's why I updated the issue #537 that zip/unjar will not be able
to restore the permissions.

> I'd remove -Xmx256m when installing the bundle since that does not
> seem to be a requirement for past few builds now.

This is again depending on your configuration.. if you have lots of
memory already with swap/virtual memory set to higher values then it
will not be required.. but nightly builds also don't go through if we
remove it.. so we need to look at minimum configuration when setting up
these instructions.
thanks
Dinesh