dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [forum question] glassfish server not responding after some time

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:14:53 -0700
They are chinese characters.

chris wrote:
您好!

您应该是中国人吧! 非常高兴能在glassfish project 上认识你!

Chris liao

----- Original Message -----
From: Cheng Fang
To: dev@glassfish.dev.java.net
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 03:49
Subject: Re: [forum question] glassfish server not responding after some time

Thanks, Jeanfrancois.  That did the trick.  Here is what the user said:

问题已解决,现在非常稳定,而且速度比以前使用tomcat时明显提升,感觉glassfish非常棒!!

[in English]
Problem solved.  Now it's very stable.  And I see the significant performance gain compared to the tomcat I used before.  Glassfish rocks!

-cheng

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
Hi Cheng,

can you ask to add:

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false</jvm-options>

and see how it goes?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

Cheng Fang wrote:
This is a question on forum (in Chinese):
http://gceclub.sun.com.cn/NASApp/sme/jive/thread.jsp?forum=22&thread=43920

The user is using glassfish_v2_b36, configured 4 virtual servers in domain1, each virtual server corresponding to a domain name.  This works fine.  But after some time, the server stops responding to requests from web pages, as if the server is dead.  After a few hours, everything is back to normal.  Any ideas?

-cheng