dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF startup failure

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:39:02 -0500

Small question about this part:

> maven clobber
> rm -rf ../glassfish_dependencies

Doesn't the clobber do that second step?

The troubling part is that, after my server got into a weird state,
doing a clean/clobber/checkout/etc did not restore it to a working
state. It makes me think there is some issue in the build process, as it
seems there should be no state left over after I run those commands.

Is there any known reason that doing each step separately is different
than doing them together? In other words, could it be a problem that I
do "maven -E checkout bootstrap-all build configure-runtime" as one call
rather than separate maven steps?

After another "rm -rf *" I'll checkout and do each step separately and
see what that gets me.

Thanks,
Bobby