dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF startup failure

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:23:06 -0500

I wrote:

> [...]

So something else is wrong. I don't know what my steps have to do with
this, but here's what I'm doing (I've attached the war file since it's
small) since I bet someone will ask what I'm doing to break the server :)

- brand new empty dir, checkout/checkout/bootstrap-all/build/configure
runtime
- cd to domain1
- asadmin start-domain
- go to admin console in browser and add a user to the file realm in the
group "mygroup"
- copy war file to autodeploy
- go to http://localhost:8080/hello2_basicauth/greeting, try to log in,
and get failure message. This failure is expected because the web app
requires default principal to role mapping to be turned on.
- undeploy war by doing "rm autodeploy\hello2_basicauth.war"
- go to admin console and enable default p2r mapping, click Save
- deploy war again and test, which passes (am able to log in)
- undeploy again
- restart browser, go to admin console, turn off default p2r, click Save
- deploy war again and test, which still passes anyway (the issue I was
investigating)
- undeploy war again
- asadmin stop-domain
- asadmin start-domain
- wonder why the process isn't completing and then check log to see that
the startup failed

So that's it -- more than anyone needs to know probably, but I wanted to
share in case there is a connection between the above steps and my
installation getting hosed. I've been through the above cycle a couple
times now with the same results, though yesterday it worked fine for me.

Also, I'm not aware of any changes in my environment except that it's
one day older. I just picked up where I left off yesterday, except
updated my build first.

Thanks,
Bobby