dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP debugging issues with V2 b33

From: Kin-man Chung <Kin-Man.Chung_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:02:16 -0800

I've just committed the fix.

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 19:56, ludo wrote:
> Kin-man Chung wrote:
> > This is indeed a bug with Jasper, introduced when I put in
> > support for Jsr199 last year (August). Looks like nobody has been
> > debugging JSP?
> >

> So we do not have regression tests there? A bit scary...Can you add
> one with your integration?

Well, a JSP compiled without line info still runs perfectly, so it's not
caught by the tests we have. I think I can use javap to see if line
numbers have been generated, but I still don't know if the JSP line to
Java line mapping was generated correctly.

> Also why did we change the property names in sun-web.xml? Why can't we
> keep the exact same ones as in GF v1?
> Unless the old properties still work with your new fix?

A new property was added to better support Jsr199, the others still work
as before.

-Kin-man