dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP debugging issues with V2 b33

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:19:04 -0800

Kin-man Chung wrote:
> I've just committed the fix.
>
> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 19:56, ludo wrote:
>
>> Kin-man Chung wrote:
>>
>>> This is indeed a bug with Jasper, introduced when I put in
>>> support for Jsr199 last year (August). Looks like nobody has been
>>> debugging JSP?
>>>

>> So we do not have regression tests there? A bit scary...Can you add
>> one with your integration?
>>

> Well, a JSP compiled without line info still runs perfectly, so it's not
> caught by the tests we have. I think I can use javap to see if line
> numbers have been generated, but I still don't know if the JSP line to
> Java line mapping was generated correctly.

Well, one step forward is good.

I will test the nightly that has this fix to verify that JSP debugging
is back on track..

So, expect to hear from me on this tomorrow...

You should be able to verify your fix with NetBeans 5.5.1...

Create a j2ee 1.4 web app. the index.jsp opens in the editor automatically.

set a BP on one of the lines and use F5 to debug the project (if it is
the main project)

vbk