dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems building GlassFish?

From: Dhiru Pandey <Dhiru.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:58:42 -0800

Ken,

Mahesh and I ran into this when we tried to use JDK 1.5.0_07 on 64 bit
amd linux.

The issue relates to absence of sunpkcs11.jar (and related files
possibly some .so files) in JDK 5.0 on AMD64 Linux versions. Currently,
appserver cannot be build on AMD64 Linux systems. The reason is that
appserver code (EESecuritySupportImpl.java) uses a
class (SunPKCA11) that is available only in the sunpkcs11.jar. Looks
like this issue still exists in the current JDK version.

FWIW, These files however do exist in JDK 5.0 builds for other platforms
and JDK 6.0 AMD64 Linux builds and possibly other platfroms there too.

I switched the OS on the box to Solaris X86 and then used the
corresponding JDK (which did have this) to get around this issue

-Dhiru