dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build broken?

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:03:21 -0800

Anissa Lam wrote:

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>> Build is not broken.. you will have to update bootstrap module and
>> try from clean state..
>
> '*cd glassfish/bootstrap; maven checkout bootstrap-all build*' is
> NOT giving a REAL up-to-date copy of ALL the jars/files should really
> be addressed. There are so many times when one forget to do 'cvs
> update -d' in the bootstrap directory itself and ends up with
> out-of-sync situation.
> Is it really impossible for the bootstrap-all command to update the
> bootstrap directory itself ?

Ok I have added "checkout-bootstrap" target to update bootstrap module
also, this will help resolve first basic step of updating
project.properties and other dependent files that "cvs update" will do..

But maven may not be able resolve few situations e.g. maven.xml or
project.xml changes. While running maven goals from the same bootstrap
directory, this may be taking it from memory which are already loaded
when you run the maven commands the first time..

>> Hudson builds are failing in 4 Admin GUI tests though, after some
>> changes in admin-gui yesterday..
>
> We haven't changed anything relating to the current version of Admin
> GUI for quite some times. Senthil will take a look though.

This seems to be same issue of detecting PE or EE domain that was there
before that Senthil fixed it, see the changes in admin-gui module from
the link below may have added this regression again.
http://glassfishbuildtools.sun.com:8000/hudson/job/glassfish/build/2006-11-08_12-08-19/changes#detail12

It was using "-pe" targets so could catch it, but now updated to use all
latest targets, so won't have this problem, but we should still resovle
above issue.
thanks
Dinesh