dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Build is failing in Admin GUI module ...

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:02:12 -0800

Anissa Lam wrote:
> Hi Dinesh,
>
> PortReplacedException is in appserv-se.jar, so we changed our
> build.xml to depend on appserv-se.jar during compilation.
> If we do 'maven checkout -Dmodules=admin-gui bootstrap build' then it
> is fine since appserv-se.jar is available. But looks like that
> 'maven checkout bootstrap-all build' will fail when compiling
> admin-gui. I am doing a bootstrap-all now to confirm this.
> If its because appserv-se.jar is not available when compiling
> admin-gui, can you suggest how to fix this ?
Anissa,
Yes, appserv-se.jar will not be available since this is created from EE
modules (*-ee) and admin-gui is earlier in the build dependency order..
so this class which you are using or depending on need to be moved from
appserv-se.jar to other jars or change the dependency order but that
will require more verifications/tests.. So its better for you to remove
this dependency from admin-gui code to fix this and look for another
class or may be moving admin-gui later part of the order.
thanks
Dinesh
> thanks
> Anissa.
>

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>> Ana/Anissa,
>> This is still failing.. can you please fix this quickly?
>> thanks
>> Dinesh
>>
>> kedar wrote:
>>> Can this be fixed soon?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kedar
>>>

>>> [java] [exec] [apt] ^
>>> [java] [exec] [apt]
>>> /space/tinderbox/smoke/Linux_2.4_depend/workspace/glassfish/admin-gui/admin-jsf/src/java/com/sun/enterprise/tools/admingui/handlers/StandAloneInstanceHandlers.java:231:
>>> cannot find symbol
>>> [java] [exec] [apt] symbol : class PortReplacedException
>>> [java] [exec] [apt] location: class