dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Build is failing in Admin GUI module ...

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:02:22 -0800

Dinesh Patil wrote:
> Anissa Lam wrote:
>> Hi Dinesh,
>>
>> PortReplacedException is in appserv-se.jar, so we changed our
>> build.xml to depend on appserv-se.jar during compilation.
>> If we do 'maven checkout -Dmodules=admin-gui bootstrap build' then
>> it is fine since appserv-se.jar is available. But looks like that
>> 'maven checkout bootstrap-all build' will fail when compiling
>> admin-gui. I am doing a bootstrap-all now to confirm this.
>> If its because appserv-se.jar is not available when compiling
>> admin-gui, can you suggest how to fix this ?
> Anissa,
> Yes, appserv-se.jar will not be available since this is created from
> EE modules (*-ee) and admin-gui is earlier in the build dependency
> order.. so this class which you are using or depending on need to be
> moved from appserv-se.jar to other jars or change the dependency order
> but that will require more verifications/tests.. So its better for you
> to remove this dependency from admin-gui code to fix this and look for
> another class or may be moving admin-gui later part of the order.
   Hi Dinesh,
   It used to be that admin-gui will be part of the PE build, and
admin-gui-ee will be part of the EE build. But now that we are moving
to have only 1 version for both PE and EE, we start to introduce the EE
dependency in admin-gui. PortReplacedException is just one of these EE
dependency.
So, we need to move the order of building admin-gui to the last part of
the build. Can you help me move it so that admin-gui is build just
right before admin-gui-ee ? If thats too much to change now, then i
will comment that part of the code to get the build going, and work on
this tomorrow with Senthil as i am not too familiar with changing the
order of the build.

thanks
Anissa.