dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish functions?

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:56:16 -0800

> I've been asking Glassfish guys to give me ways to start/stop the
> container more easily, but so far they haven't given it to me :-(

One step at a time, and we all are "GlassFish guys".
We have now eliminated few extraneous processes that asadmin start-domain
used to create. So, the startup is a bit better.
The shutdown of the GlassFish server is even better and faster.

(Thanks to Byron Nevins).

Moving on to next thing -- being able to just call a method in an existing
JVM is on our agenda. You've got to wait. If you have any suggestions about
how it could/should be done, feel free to discuss them at
admin_at_dev.glassfish.java.net.

Using another script in lieu of asadmin start-domain can only do a little
better and that, in my view is not such a great advice.

Kedar