dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish functions?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:43:16 -0800

k0nsuli wrote:
> Hi, I am developing a plugin which interates the Glassfish server to the
> Eclipse. I need to know that is it possible to start, stop, deploy, etc
> without the asadmin.bat? It gives me a better control if I can create
> the server instance directly from the plugin.

It just so happens that I'm working on the Glassfish support in the
Cargo project. See http://cargo.codehaus.org/

The idea is to provide a application-neutral container manipulation
layer, then you can build your own Eclipse plugin on top of it.

If we could join the effort, that would be great. The code is already
checked into the cargo contribution workspace.

I've been asking Glassfish guys to give me ways to start/stop the
container more easily, but so far they haven't given it to me :-(

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi