dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: BEEP?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:09:20 -0400

Hi,

Tom Vaughan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I wanted to add BEEP as a supported protocol in glassfish, where
> would people suggest I start to look to learn how to?

Cool....You should start looking at the Grizzly Comet implementation
described here:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/07/the_grizzly_com.html

Or you may want to start from scratch by extending the Grizzly
Asynchronous Request Processing mechanism (Grizzly Comet is build on top
of it):

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/02/grizzly_part_ii.html

Under the hood, the BEEP protocol can be implemented in a similar way.
If you want to look at a simple extension of Grizzly ARP, look here:

http://kasparov.skife.org/blog/src/java/grizzly-arp-basic.html

Let me know if I can be of any help....

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois