dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 08:06:47 +0200

>> Since I had built Glassfish just minutes ago thanks to the great help of
>> Dinesh PATIL (I think PATIL is the family name?),
> Yes you got it!
I am used to write familiy name if UPPERCASE most of the time to allow
people to correctly call me, because e. g. in Germany there are people
with names like "Maria Thomas" and one could not know otherwise whether
to say "He" or "She"... ;-)
>> ok, cvs up -- nothing updated, certainly
> after you make your modifications, you may have to do that.. BTW, do
> you have developer role?
Uh... cvs up just updates my local working, so why should I do AFTER my
modifications?

And what is a developer role?
>>> - entity-persistence-tests = the testing module
>> Well... there is no workspace/glassfish/entity-persistence-tests module
>> actually. I have built Glassfish, but it didn't create such a folder.
>>
>> What to do now?
> I see this module in glassfish:
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/
> you may have to checkout this explicitely using "cd glassfish; cvs
> checkout -d glassfish-persistence-tests"
Okay so then there is either a bug in the maven structures (it checked
out other stuff but not this one), or this command is missing in the
GettingStarted guide. So I tried your commands, but it does not work.
Seems the maven structures are missing a command to link the glassfish
root folder with cvs:

markus_at_localhost:~/workspace/glassfish> cvs checkout -d
glassfish-persistence-tests
cvs [checkout aborted]: must specify at least one module or directory
>>> - appserv-tests = the appserver's quicklook tests. They are a
>>> prerequisite for check-in
>>>
>> Same with this, no such folder.
>>
>> Maven didn't create that.
>>
> yes this is test module, so by default glassfish "checkout" goal
> doesn't checkout this, you can do following
> % cd glassfish/bootstrap
> % maven checkout-quicklook
ok, maven has created the appserv-tests folder now.
> For configuring and running the tests, GlassFish server should be
> stopped, so you can run "asadmin stop-domain domain1" and follow the
> steps from
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/GuidelinesandConventions.html#Quicklook_Tests
> Hope this helps.
> thanks