dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:08:24 -0700

Hi Tom, my comments inline.

Tom Ware wrote:

> Hi Dinesh,
>
> I think that the instructions are good. A couple of comments.
>
> 3. - These are great instructions about how to check out the source,
> but as a beginner, when I read these, I will always assume that I have
> to checkout and build all of the source. When you want to work with
> the entity-persistence module, you can fairly easily get away with
> just checking out that module. Are there other modules like that in
> GlassFish. If so, it might be a good idea to include either an
> explanation of why you would choose to checkout all of GlassFish vs. a
> single module.
>
> 4. Same comment. Some guidance about why you would choose to do
> bootstrap vs. bootstrap-all would be good.
>
> 6. Some suggestions about when I would choose to clean, clobber or
> clean-config would be a good idea.

thanks for the inputs, yes i will add brief information and links to FAQ
for more details.

> Additionally:
>
> Checking out the quicklook tests is covered by step 8. The
> entity-persistence-tests module is another module that is not
> automatically checked out by the checkout command. Are there others.
> It might be a good idea to acknowledge the fact that these types of
> modules exist. It might also be a good idea to either include a list
> of modules and their purposes or link to a page that has that.

I am not sure about the module level tests (unit tests), but yes we can
add the links to the specific module instructions.

We can start with entity-persistence-tests. So pls send me or add the
link if you have the details (as I am familiar with this module or
tests), will be happy to include this.

thanks
Dinesh