dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB30 style MDB

From: Wonseok Kim <guruwons_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:25:33 +0900

If we have GlassFish specific annotations, I think we should consider the
portability.

It's very convenient than XML but then the class which use GlassFish
specific anntotations depends on GlassFish specific API classes. So the
application won't run (NoClassDefFoundError?) in other application servers
unless GlassFish API classes go along with it . The specific annotations are
meaningless in other appservers, but we should carry the API jar files with
the application unless we modify code.
But XML has no problem because it's silently ignored and we just need to
make another vendor-specific XML.

So I think using vendor-specific annotations is not good way than XML...
- Wonseok