dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HEADSUP - need decision on which GF build to use for testing

From: Sridatta Viswanath <Sridatta.Viswanath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:57:53 -0700

Yep, you are right on.

There are 2 builds because we do not have mac support for "EE" build
yet. This will be solved when we go java-only by milestone 2 (9/26) and
you will start seeing only 1 build from then on.

Conceptually, GF V2 will run in 2 modes. One is a developer mode (PE in
8.x terminology) and the other is a clustering mode (EE in 8.x
terminology). What we end up calling them -- no idea.

Java EE EE and Java EE SE yikes :-[

-Sridatta