dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-WS and web services management in Glassfish

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:31:17 -0700

Satish Viswanatham wrote:
> Sameer Tyagi wrote:
>
>> What needs to be done in Glassfish to get the JAX-WS wars deployed
>> therein to show up
>> in the web services tab ?
>>
>> All the JAX-WS unit tests wars deploy and work fine but none show up
>> when I click the
>> web services tab in the admin console.
>>
>> Any ideas? Do they require 109 deployment ?
>>

> Yes they do. We only support management of 109 style web services in
> Application Server.

actually we support deploying jax-ws applications which are not 109
compliant however such applications are not recognized as a web services
application because they use a dedicated jaxws servlet, they don't have
109 deployment info and so on, that's why it does only show as a normal
web app in the admin gui.

Indeed to have it appear in the W/S tab, applications have to be 109
compliant.