dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: why is CPU usage so poor on Glassfish startup?]

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:43:16 -0700

Bill,

I don't know, but I would hope you are right.

But it might be efficient in an overall sense, but not very smart
about pre-reading additional data and/or doing reads that are not
efficient for fast disks.

For example, it might be used a 16K or 32K buffer, when it ought to
be doing 256K or 512K at a time.

Or it might just load each class as it is requested, rather than pre-
every time something is needed it's the bottleneck.

Lloyd