dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB30 style MDB

From: Kyle Grucci <Kyle.Grucci_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:32 -0400

While I also agree that it's a pain, there is a good reason why certain
pieces of information are left to be defined outside of a portable
application archive. A prebuilt archive is meant to be deployable on
any compatible Java EE application server without recompilation or
modification. Thus, any runtime impl specific information should be
specified in the Deployment Plan (separate from the app) as described in
JSR-88.

-Kyle