dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB30 style MDB

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:10:11 -0400

Hi, Jerome
   Aside from the vendor specific part, my other comments on defining
runtime annotations:
  1. We will probably never be able to replace all the runtime xml
elements with annotations.
  2. For the most commonly used runtime xml element "jndi-name", we
already have a way to define it outside of the runtime xml files: using
"mapped-name" element in standard deployment descriptor or mappedName
annotation attribute.

  I agree it's a pain having to define runtime xml for just one for two
elements, but is it possible for us to come up with a small set of most
commonly used runtime xml elements? Like this resource-adapter-mid
element mentioned in the original email, it probably won't end up in
this set?

  Thanks,

- Hong