dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail 1.4.1ea SNAPSHOT available

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:05:56 -0700

Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> The naming of the mail jars has me a little confused. Couldn't the
> snapshot be called mail-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar? Does the "ea" add value?

But then, "-beta-SNAPSHOT" is reasonably common occurrence, so I don't
see what's wrong with "-ea-SNAPSHOT".

In my eyes, "EA" or "beta" and "SNAPSHOT" carry different meaning.
SNAPSHOT just means the bits without any guarantee, but when something
is called beta or EA, I expect certain quality.

So I take "ea-SNAPSHOT" to mean "a work in progress toward the next
1.4.1 EA".

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi